
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)Owning a Ford and having just gotten back into RC trucks, how better to "pimp my ride" than to have a "Mini Me" of my real truck. When I came across this body, I couldn't wait to get it. On arrival, it was packaged like any other RC body I've seen. On opening the package, though, the first thing that struck me was how light this thing is. Pick it up and it bends under the pressure of only your grasping it. The next thing I noticed was the overspray film is blue instead of clear. Not a big deal until you start painting and you forget the colored film and freak when the paint color you see on the outside is nothing like the can or inside of the body looks. The next thing about the film is that it is scraped in a few areas.
Getting into the prep work, the next problem appears: the included window masks don't come close to matching the molded windows in the body. Easy to correct, but a pain.
Then onto painting. I chose plain black with yellow lightning bolts and chrome bumpers and wheel well trims. The black went on ok but on removing my mask for lightning bolts, half the paint around the mask had not adhered to the body and peeled back. I had to sketch out the pattern from the paint itself!
After painting, then I go to cut out the mount holes. The pre-marked hood ones are where the should be for my application but after cutting them and attempting to mount the body, there are vent ridges right next to the mount holes and it impedes the ability to put the body clips in place.
Last, cutting out the body; because it's so thin, it doesn't take much. The only problem is I like to score and tear. Upon doing that, the paint continues to peel up very easily.
Overall, it is a cool looking body, but it is cheap, there is paint adherence problems and it is flimsy. I would not buy again. Ended up getting a ProLine Hummer SUT that is awesome!
Click Here to see more reviews about: Illuzion Ford Raptor SVT Clear Body: Stampede
The Raptor SVT – F-150 body by JConcepts begins with the latest in 1:1 truck detail by incorporating the latest treatment in grill and headlight design with pronounced bumper, adding street appeal. Front and rear fender flares provide the clearance necessary to run an assortment of 2.2” tires and wheels while maintaining that exclusive design. Extended cab design with recessed side windows, louvers along the front hood and sun-roof outline highlight a number of the front-end styling cues. Deep recessed bed area with incredible detail finish off this extraordinary, tough design.
Click here for more information about Illuzion Ford Raptor SVT Clear Body: Stampede

0 comments:
Post a Comment