Velineon Brushless Power System Waterproof Review

Velineon Brushless Power System Waterproof
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I've had the Velineon system in my Slash for just under a year now, it really makes an animal of it. Some side effects may include bald tires though. The stock Slash tires gets torn up when you run this Velineon system on Pavement. It drops in the Slash no problem too, easy swap, only requiring you to unscrew the old parts, and screw in the new.
With this system in place I've clocked my Slash at 35 MPH using the optional pinion gear supplied with the Slash. Which isn't crazy fast, but I'm also only using a 7.4 volt LiPo.
Okay, now for the primary reason for writing this review. So, the Electronic Speed Controller (the VXL-3S) had died on me earlier in June, which was well after the 30 day warranty. I found it odd that it failed though because the unit never did any thermal shutdown, and if it did, I would of bought the optional fan. So, I'm not sure at all what caused it's failure and I was definitely bummed.
I contacted Traxxas and they simply told me to send it to them with a twenty dollar cashiers check and they will repair it (in fact there is a form that came with it detailing this). Considering the ESC is the most expensive part of the combo, it seemed like the best (read: cheapest) way to get my truck running again. It cost me under three bucks to ship it to them via USPS. I waited a few weeks (sent June 16th, received July 2nd) and received a brand new VXL-3S yesterday. Installed and setup, and now I'm good to go again. $20 + shipping it to them, seems pretty fair to replace a faulty unit for the lifetime of the product, as long as it's not an ongoing issue with the product.
Okay, one other note I wanted to add, the stock setup for the VXL-3S is with the low voltage detection (for safe running of LiPo batteries) set to enabled. What this means is, if your running NiCd (REALLY? Still?) or NiMH batteries, it'll cut your run time short once the batteries get below a certain voltage output. You can of course disable this, and it will be disabled until you enable it again, so you don't have to disable it each time you plug in a new battery. The information is in the manual for enabling and disabling low voltage detection.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Velineon Brushless Power System Waterproof


The next generation of extreme brushless horsepower is here, Ready-To-Race® from Traxxas—and now waterproof! Velineon™ is the ultimate brushless system delivering the tiremelting horsepower, supercharged speeds, and ease of use that you expect from Traxxas. Just plug it in and it works. The key to the Velineon’s extreme power output is total system optimization. Each component, from the Traxxas high-current battery connector, to the powerful Velineon 3500 brushless motor, is carefully engineered to work with other system components to eliminate restriction and allow maximum power flow. High-frequency transistors and advanced circuit design deliver incredibly smooth and refined throttle control. The Velineon system accepts the widest range of battery types, including 3-cell Lithium Polymer packs (3S LiPo packs). Built-in, low voltage detection in the VXL-3's electronic speed control helps keep LiPo battery packs in top condition. Traxxas’ exclusive waterproof technology allows the Velineon system to operate in wet conditions, including mud and snow, with no special precautions required. You decide where the Velineon-powered adventure leads—the only limits are your imagination.


Buy NowGet 37% OFF

Click here for more information about Velineon Brushless Power System Waterproof

0 comments:

Post a Comment