
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)I purchased one of these from another vender back in some time ago. I was surprised by the level of detail; it is more like a scale model than a toy in appearance. Some of the finer details break off easily but this does not affect the function of the boat. It looks very much like the German WW II Battleship Bismarck in ~1/350 scale. After having it for a while I disassembled it and painted more to scale, it looks good as is but with a nice scale model like paint job it is even better. For a more scale appearance, I also removed the incorrect missile launchers from amidships and put a crude float plane catapult and plane from my parts box and modified some of the masts.
The boat runs real well forward, reverse, left and right. There is no "throttle" just go or no go. There is no steering trim adjustment so it may not run in a real straight line. This model is a bit narrower that some of the other "HT" RC models available and so it can be a bit more tippy.
It has a neat safety feature: the motors will not run unless the boat is in the water or some other form of conductor touching both propeller shafts. I found this out when bench testing the boat before I used it in water. The information on the box (which is the only "manual" you get) is not real clear about this feature.
A couple things to bear in mind that it is VERY IMPORTANT to get any water that seeps in the ship out when done for the day or the motors will rust up very quickly and you will have a one use RC toy that is now a static model. For initial use an adult and/or someone familiar with RC should help with the initial set up. Also you have just spent around $50 for a toy with the size and detail that you find on RC ships costing ten times the price, so something had to give somewhere. On the ones I have purchased all the operation and maintenance information you get is on the outside of the box and is poorly translated, so read it carefully. If you find you self not understanding what is on the box I recommend you pack it up and send it back.
Over the past four years I have purchased several RC boats/ships in various price ranges. For around $50 this is one of the better ones, but that may not be saying much. This one is fine for what it is. To get a real decent ready to run RC boat/ship you are looking a spending around $200.00 to $500.00 or more. For other options: The other "HT" boats I have include ones that look like a Sovremenny DDG in 1/200 scale, a Kiev class Carrier in ~1/350 , and torpedo boat in 1/72 scale. All these seem to be based on a scale model kits and have good detail. There is another generic BB of cruiser that I do not like the looks of so much but it works fine. See my other reviews.
Click Here to see more reviews about: 1/360 German Bismarck Military Battleship Radio Control Boat R/C Ready to Run
New 1:360 Radio Control Military Battleship R/C RTR This is a fantastic looking and fun remote control US NAVY BATTLESHIP DESTROYER Boat. Measures a long 28 inch with full function remote control. Utilizes a powerful high speed motor that sounds as good as it looks. Professional large torsion propeller. Large capability rechargeable battery means longer run time. Super Quality and Design for fun for the whole family. Comes nicely package with everything you need to start playing! Special Features Full Function Radio Controlled Forward, Backward, Turn Left & Turn Right Dual Propellers High quality High Performance 7.2v rechargeable battery With light Detailed Interior & Exterior Glossy Exterior Paint Easy to Assemble Speed: 5-10 mph Controlled Range 60 feet Scale: 1:360 Factory assumable Ready to Run Accessories Instruction Manual 9.0v Batteries for controller 7.2v Rechargeable RC Battery Battery Charger Adapter (110V)

0 comments:
Post a Comment